Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Small Sample of Hanoi's Vibrant Arts Community


Original art work from Craft Link, 51 Van Mieu, Hanoi, approximately $3 and $4 each...



Hand painted "kitty" greeting cards, about $1 each...from the Museum of fine Arts Gift Shop...

More hand painted cards, this time from a store on Hang Be Street, fro about $1 each...

Traditional rural landscapes, each for about $7, purchased from an art store on Hang Be street...

Fine art in Hanoi ran the gamut from cheap and horrible, to cheap and just wonderful!--from quite expensive and just so-so to quite expensive, gorgeous and just way too big for my suit case! I had a great time just looking at the art on hand, which is everywhere! Spending very little money, I came home with some little treasures that, after I frame them, will be fine souvenirs and memories of my time in Vietnam...

No comments:

Post a Comment