Monday, May 18, 2009

Back from Vietnam...with lots to share!














And who would all these bright and enthusiastic young people surrounding me be? Just some of my many English students from my two week teaching stint at the Foreign Trade University in Hanoi, Vietnam. 

I will be spending the next few weeks catching up on my blogging and filling you in on my adventures in Vietnam, which not only included teaching Vietnam's next generation of leadership, but lots of adventures with third world women artisans, arts and crafts groups and hot spots, and travel throughout the region. I will have tips on where to go and what to see for those of you who might be contemplating heading out to southeast Asia on a trip. (Go now!--travel in Vietnam at this point is still relatively cheap, fairly comfortable, and Vietnam is still at the point of being an emerging nation with all the cultural richness and difference  indicative of that developmental point in their history! Don't miss seeing it!) 

For the rest of you, there'll be plenty of information on the crafts scene in Hanoi, as well as some exciting opportunities to watch some nascent craft cooperatives and women's groups get off the ground...perhaps with YOUR help. So give me another day or two to get over my jet lag, and then tune in...I promise to have some good reading, and great information, for all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment