Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Lazy Days of Summer...

Here's Stephen and I at the end of our week long retreat at Marywood Center in Jacksonville, Florida. We took a course in icon painting with Peter Pearson; Steve's first and my second. We really enjoyed it as it gave us a chance to relax and re-center our lives. Of course, everyone asked us what we were going to do with two identical icons--one is going to my parents for their anniversary present (hopefully they don't read my blog!--smile...)

Here's hoping each of you is entering into the lazy days of summer. Reading, journaling, painting maybe, or off on a vacation, near or far, with family or friends. Summer slips by quickly, and while here in Florida, summer can often be so hot and humid that staying indoors curled up with a good book is the best alternative on any given afternoon, I know many of my friends up north are probably enjoying those gorgeous, sunny days summer is known for... Don't let them slip away!

No comments:

Post a Comment